CFOO Course 4 Advanced Orthodontic Therapy
Following is a list of topics, which will be covered over the three days.
- Delta Force Bracket System
- Banding and Bonding Techniques:
- Direct and Indirect
- Forming Austenitic Arch Wires
- Retainers, Fixed and Removable Positioners
- Auxiliary Attachments:
Intra & Extra Oral Mechanics
Class II Bow and Class II Mechanics
Arch Wire Stops
Proclining Maxillary Incisors
Modifications for Open Bites
- Class III Mechanics
- “Hands On” Typodont Exercise
(see enclosed information)
- Delta Force and A.L.F. Appliance combination treatment
- Heat Activated Nickel Titanium Palatal Expanders
- Critical Anchorage Cases
- Extraction Cases, Class I and Class II
- Extraction of Pre Molars and effect on Facial Esthetics Air Rota Stripping
- Extraction Cases, Mid-arch or Terminal Arch
- Impaction Therapy
- Molar Uprighting
- Surgery —
- Supernumerary Teeth
- Modern Dentistry – A Healing Profession?
As you can see from the Typodont Exercises below, there is something there for everyone, covering nearly every scenario you will come across when practicing fixed orthodontic therapy. Typodonts with bands and brackets are furnished Day 2 would also be an ideal opportunity to bring one or more of your auxiliaries, as trained Orthodontic nurses will demonstrate how they can be of enormous use to yourselves when bonding up patients. They will also learn how to do basic orthopaedic repairs.
You are also encouraged to bring to the course two cases with study models, cephalometrics, panarex and pictures, plus any on-going cases on which you would like Dr Truitt’s opinion.
Dr. Skip Truitt, CFOO Founder and Principal – Instructor
Dr J Wellington "Skip" Truitt received his BS degree from Texas Christian University, his DDS degree from Baylor University and has taught over 100,000 doctors world wide. He has also co-authored four text books and published numerous papers worldwide on the subjects of Maxillofacial Orthopedics, Orthodontics, and TMD Therapy.
"My goal is to teach the latest information in a concise, easy to understand manner to expand your practice financially and professionally."